The Best Home Owners Insurance Company

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance For Cairns And Townsville

Contents insurance covers the cost of replacing or repairing your household items and possessions. This includes furniture, clothes, appliances and jewellery.

When working out how much contents insurance you need, start by listing all your belongings and working out how much it would cost to replace them. Taking photos and doing it room by room is sensible because you may be surprised by how much you have.
You may want to set up an online inventory for these details which can be stored away from your home.

Check what the policy covers.

The type of cover you choose will affect the premium you pay. Some policies cover you for defined events (e.g. burglary and fire) while others cover you for any accidental event. Others give you only limited cover if you take an item (e.g. a laptop) outside your home.

There are two main types of contents insurance:​